Contacts for VH Room Parent Coordinators:
Room Parents play a very important role in our classrooms each year. They are responsible for many things, including helping the teachers with class parties and coordinating teacher birthday celebrations. To ensure your child has an amazing experience in their class please consider being a Room Parent. Ideally, each classroom would have 2 Room Parents to share the responsibilities. So you can get a feel for all that is involved in being a Room Parent, we have listed most of the duties below.
Room Parent Duties:
· Set up and manage the classroom Shutterfly website (Instruction provided)
· Distribute PTA correspondence to the class via the Shutterfly website
· Request & collect party/auction donations from the class(Templates provided)
· Collect field trip forms/money and follow up with parents regarding missing forms/money
· Organize class parties per the teacher’s direction (i.e. Halloween, Valentine’s Day, End of Year, etc.)
· Coordinate Teacher’s Birthday and Teacher Appreciation Day (i.e. gifts, treats, cards, poster etc.)
· Organize class auction gift basket donation (Guidance/Direction provided)
As a room parent, you will have access to a Private Room Parent Resource Website, that can be found here once you have been invited to the site.